Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Workshop Reflection

The workshop experience was rich for me in two ways. First, I learned a variety of new teaching techniques and gained useful techniques. Secondly, I had the opportunity to experience being a teacher as a professional. Watching my peers present information they had expertise in was powerful for me. I am looking forward to taking this concept back with me. I have previously cornered all of staff I work with, at least once, to pick their brains. This approach gives them the opportunity to share what they know in a broader spectrum. I also think this experience helped me consider the idea of going beyond what I know (or think I know) and to begin pursuing inquiry. I am dedicated to pursuing inquiry on the line of publishing that I presented. I believe all the ideas but now I feel empowered to begin pursuing concrete information so that what "feels" right can be demonstrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment