Monday, July 20, 2009

Anderson

Educational Leadership
Helping Writers Find Power
By: Jeff Anderson

I am very interested in adding mini-lessons into the writing portion of my classroom but on my own I would never have thought to have my students teach these lessons on occasion. This article discusses having students write the good examples they have created onto transparency and sharing this with the entire class. I am in love with this idea. What a fantastic way to give ownership to students in their writing as well as develop leadership skills. Writing also becomes something Joe does or Sally does instead of just something the teacher tells us to do. And of course we all know that teaching something is a powerful way to learn something and commit it to memory. I am looking forward to bringing this to my classroom practice “attaché”.

1 comment:

  1. Jeff Anderson is so practical. He has been in a classroom and tried all of this... in fact he just left the classroom last winter because he was traveling too much. Great speaker and great guy. Your " attache" is getting thick I do believe! Christy

    ReplyDelete